X Factor star Joe Whelan has revealed he won't apply for the show again as he took to the stage for his first live performance since leaving the TV talent show.
The 27-year-old performer from Wolverhampton sung in front of hundreds of fans at the Wrottesley Arms in Perton.
His appearance came after the father-of-one made it through to the judge's houses section of the contest.
The singer said he was pleased to be back in familiar territory.
He added: “It's nice to be at home because after this I'm going to be touring the UK.
“I really appreciate the local support. I get more support here than anywhere else. I love Wolverhampton crowds."
The singer was in Sharon Osbourne’s over 25s category and headed to her swanky house in Hollywood, where she was helped to whittle down the contestants by former Take That singer Robbie.
Although he didn't make the live finals of the show he managed to go one stage further than his first appearance on the programme last year when he made it to the boot camp.
But he revealed he would not be returning for a third audition.
“I'm definitely not going to apply again next year,” he said.
“On the flight home I decided ‘never again’.”
He added: “I don't think it is the right place for me. I want to be a rocker and they restricted what I could do."
Fans queued at the stage ahead of the performance on Saturday to have their photographs taken with the performer, who played hits from his album The Kontrast, including Shine a Little Light and Marilyn.
Among the fans was Laura Davis, aged 26, who came with her friends Gemma Walker and Charlotte Dickinson.
Laura, of Mirfield Close, Pendeford, said: “I'm his biggest fan.
“I saw him before he was famous and I was the first person to get my photo with him tonight.
“I love his voice, his body, his personality, his tattoos - I just love Joe.”